What topics can I ask about here?
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is for students, teachers, and linguists who want to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language.
Please note that certain Japanese language-related questions are off-topic on Japanese Language. In particular:
- Recommendations for learning materials, textbooks and other resources are offtopic.
- However, we do have a resource list you might find useful.
- Questions about study methods or self-motivation are beyond the scope of this site.
- Direct translations are off topic. While we are very interested in helping people who are having difficulty in their study of Japanese, we are not willing to provide a translation service for cases where a simple dictionary search combined with understanding the basics of Japanese sentence construction would suffice.
- Proofreading questions are off topic. Please make sure you're asking a specific question about the Japanese language, and not just providing a large block of text to be edited.
If you have questions about resources, study methods, or simple translations, our chatroom has friendly fellow-learners who would be glad to offer advice or help.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Japanese Language Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?"